I went to the grocery store this evening feeling like I wanted something sweet. Unusual. I looked down the cookie isle and tried to find a cookie that didn't have artificial flavors or unnatural ingredients. Nothing. Then I remembered some delicious peanut butter cookies Heather made a couple of years ago. I headed over to the bulk section of the store and got some organic whole oats and freshly crushed peanut butter (it was really cool to see the peanuts go from whole unsalted nut to peanut butter). I also got a little almond butter, free range brown chicken eggs and fresh ground cinnamon.
When I got home I mixed 1 cup oats, 1 egg, 1/4 sugar and 1 cup butters (peanut and almond mixture) in a mixing bowl. I dropped the cookies on a baking sheet and sprinkled them with a little bit of sugar and cinnamon. The sugar wasn't really necessary, but it looks good. Tastes delicious. No preservatives. No fake stuff. You can see for yourself. Yummy.



No comments:
Post a Comment