Last weekend I walked an hour back to the Santa Hotel from the branch's Missionary Sport's Night at Oblastnaya Bolnitsa. Playing ultimate frisbee, basketball and the scary Russian version of dodgeball with the missionaries, branch members and random boys from off the street has to be one of the best things to do here. As usual, and as the only athletic girl out there, I always get asked lots of questions as to why I play all these games to well. It makes me chuckle because I'm pretty sure the group of friends I use to play basketball with in Houston probably considered me as their team's handicap 99% of the time. Good to know that even the humblest American basketball player can still take on the Russians (;
On the way home I passed by a fun park/war memorial.
I ran into a couple cool friends from work. They were out riding bikes (which they had only learned how to ride about a year ago) and taking pictures. They let me try out their bikes and I taught them how to ride down the stairs. We had a great time.
Larisa is taking an online photography course and gave me a little lesson on how to photograph different perspectives. See how the bikes seem to stretch and lengthen?
The technique works for faces, too.


I think this one with the soldier's neck is a fun example.
The secret is how you use your lens. Keep the camera zoomed out and just get closer rather than zooming in from farther way. Thanks Larisa for the fun tips!





No comments:
Post a Comment