6.18.2011

The Santa Hotel

I have been to Sakhalin Island five times in the last two years and stayed in four different hotels. This time around it is the Santa Resort Hotel. What does a resort hotel look like? Well, I'll show you.


For breakfast I ordered room service the first day I was here.  I nice lady brought me a glass of tomato juice, half a cup of muesli, a cup of warm ultra-pasteurized milk, a cup of chopped fruit (that tasted like onions by the way), two cheese croissants, a mint roll and a quarter cup of raw honey. Yum.

As you can see, the hotel is clean and not too unusual (besides the Japanese toilet that will wash your backside if you push the right button and a center console between the two beds that acts as an all-in-one clock, radio and light switch.) This hotel has won my heart because it is in the forest. The air is clean and all is quiet. Most importantly, right outside my door is the most beautiful running trail you could imagine. I love it here.








2 comments:

  1. How fun! It must be a bigger place than I thought if they have that many hotels to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He, he, love the idea of the toilet washing your backside. But the fruit that taste like onions? Hm. Great snaps. Liking the narrative so far. Looking forward to more, more, more.

    ReplyDelete